Friday, November 4, 2011

Week 2

Okay so since ive been here two weeks it feels like ive been here for ever. I practically know everything. I am really close with my zone now. They are awesome. We got new zone leaders and they are both from AZ. One from Queen Creak and one from Florence and oddly enough they have never met even though they live pretty close together. And there is another kid from gilbert and another kid from queen creak in my zone. So we have like a bond. Its great. Okay again i am sorry if i repeat anything i say. Days honestly blend together and i cant believe ive i only have 6 weeks left. I cant wait to get outta here!
Okay so this week was great. I got some Dr. Pepper from Whitney! It was bomb! And for Halloween, me and the English missionary swithed tags and pretended to be each other, it was so funny. Each week i am getting closer to Christ and am understanding the doctrine so much more. Spanish is a challenge for me though. I feel like i hit a wall this week and am not really learning anything. The reason for this wall is because I had absolutely no study habits Senior year. I never studied once in any class. So its my own fault. I am trying though. I have the best teachers in the MTC! They are so great to us and we have such a good time in our 6 hours of class. There are 3 kids in my district that are leaving on thursday, they are going to the Dominican Republic MTC. I am dreding that day. I like them a lot and we are so close and its going to be so hard to see them go...
We always have devotionals on sundays and tuesdays nights and Thomas S. Monson totally spoke at BYU on tuesday morning so the entire MTC thought he was going to show up and speak to us. So the line was so long to get into the gym. Our distrct wiggled are way close to the very front, weve got skills, and we get in there and its not even him. It was so funny cuz everyone was like, "Uhhhhh" all at the exact same time, but it was also not funny cuz i felt bad for the 70 who was speaking. Monson cant fake us out like that, its not nice! Sunday night we have movie night and the movie this week was The Testimate. Easily the best church made film out there, that and 17 Miracles. At the end of the movie when Christ comes I began to get teary eyed, then when Christ says "Helum" (I dont know how to spell his name) I just lost it and started balling. The Spirit was so strong. I am getting the chills right now just talking about it. It made me want to get out and go preach the gospel. I cant wait to get too DC.
I got to go do sealings in the temple today. It was my first time. It was so cool. I like doing that the best. Familys can be together forever. The Provo temple is so big. Its so cool.
So I'm going to say my testimony in Spanish. Some things might be a little wrong but im doing it from memory and im still learning.
Yo se que Jesucristo es El Salvador. Yo se que Jose Smith fue un profeta de Dios y El restauraba la verdadera Iglesia de Dios. Yo se que El Libro de Mormon es un palabra de Dios. Yo se que por medio Jesucristos La Expiacion nosotros podemos ser limpio de nuestros pecados. Yo se que Tomas S Monson es un profecta de Dios. Yo se que familias son eternas. Yo soy un misionaro de la Iglesia de Jesuscritso de los Santos de los Ultimos Dias. En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.
Its not perfect but its okay for being here only two weeks. I am grateful to be here. The reason no other churches have as much missionarys as us is because no teenager in their right mind would leave everything they have to go preach some gospel to for what they think, and not know, to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment